Befriending Volunteer Role Description
Reporting to:Project Manager
Hillingdon- Every Tuesday evening
To participate in weekly group befriending projects for young refugees/asylum seekers.
Time: 2.30 hours a week
- Organising activities to improve life skills and local knowledge
- Organising events and excursions
- Providing friendly support to young people working within appropriate boundaries for the Befriender/Befriendee relationship
- Offering the opportunity to improve language skills through conversation and activities
- Ensuring that all issues of Health and Safety, Child Protection and the befriendees general well being are reported to the project manager
- Participation in training and development programmes appropriate to the role, including a weekend residential
- Aged 16-25
- Able to commit for a minimum of six months
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to keep information confidential
- Good at listening and communication skills
- Able to work sensitively with others and show empathy
- Non Judgemental
- Willing to give consent for an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Check
Due to the nature of the work it is a great advantage to speak another language, but this is not essential!
How do I get involved?
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer befriender, please contact us on:
Telephone: 01895 434 728