We offer a broad range of activities, both educational and social which are carefully designed to ensure that young people gain confidence and develop skills and friendships in a non-judgmental and non-threatening environment. The workshops and sessions are strictly structured and held on a weekly basis at different locations.
Main Activities / Services Provided.
- Educational and structured recreational activities to enhance the quality of life and integration into the local community for young refugees and asylum seekers
- Strive to raise awareness in the wider community to ensure a positive presentation of asylum seekers and refugees.
- Weekly befriending service working with volunteers providing learning opportunities via structured activities.
- Recruitment, training and coordination for volunteers.
- Practical support of donations of food and clothing.
- Daily one to one and group providing support to further assist young people with; volunteer placements; CV and letter writing; budgeting; referrals; English; Maths; emotional and miscellaneous support.
- Weekly outreach services to hostels and supported accommodation.
- Practical living skills; access to practical activities; outdoor activities; informal and formal education; training; drama; arts and crafts; creative reading and writing workshops
All the activities provided are programmes designed to build confidence, provide safe opportunities for sharing and development of the young people and to enable their integration into British society. We achieve the above by means of a structured / planned and measured set of activities and workshops throughout the year.
How do I get involved?
If you are interested in volunteering as an English, Maths, or Science, please complete the attached application form and email back to: firstname.lastname@example.org