We are looking for people who want to support and empower vulnerable young people to succeed. Currently only 30% of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds achieve the grades needed to progress in education, employment or training, for the other 70% their options are significantly restricted.
As a volunteer, you will act as a positive adult role model for the young people you support. Whatever your background or experiences, you can inspire ambition in them.
We want our tutors to feel confident in the subject they are leading on, so we ideally would like you to have achieved a B or above in this subject, or similar, at A Level (or in an equivalent qualification) and have achieved, or be studying for, a degree. We do consider other qualifications and experience: experience working with young people is helpful but not essential. All volunteers must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Vom plăti cheltuielile de călătorie pentru fiecare sesiune de îndrumare participată.
Avem tutori voluntari cu vârste cuprinse între 18 și 92 de ani, din toate mediile, inclusiv studenți, profesioniști care lucrează și persoane pensionate.
Muncă în echipă, interpersonală, organizațională, leadership, ascultare, mentorat.